Focus: Answering structure problems involving incomplete adjective clauses. (Note: One or two items in this exercise do not focus on adjective clauses; these items are marked in the answer key with asterisks.)
Directions: Choose the one option-(A), (B), (C), or (D)-that correctly completes the sentence, and then mark the appropriate blank. The first one is done as an example.
0 of 16 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 16 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1) Most folk songs are ballads______________have simple words and tell simple stories.
2) After its introduction in 1969, the float process______________the world’s principal method of manufacturing flat sheets of glass.
3) In 1850, Yale University established Sheffield Scientific School, ______________
4) Many of Louise Nevelson’s sculptures consisted of a number of large wooden structures ______________in complex patterns.
5) In addition to being a naturalist, Stewart E. White was a writer______________the struggle for survival on the American frontier.
6) Diamonds are often found in rock formations called pipes, ______________ the throats of extinct volcanoes.
7) William Samuel Johnson, ______________helped write the Constitution, became the first president of Columbia College in 1787.
8) Seals appear clumsy on the land, ______________are able to move short distances faster than most people can run.
9) The instrument panel of a light airplane has at least a dozen instruments______________
10) A keystone species is a species of plants or animals ______________ absence has a major effect on an ecological system.
11) The size and shape of a nail depend primarily on the function ______________ intended.
12) In geometry, a tangent is a straight line ______________ a curve at only one point.
13) It was the ragtime pianist Scott Joplin ______________ the “Maple Leaf Rag, “perhaps the best known of all ragtime tunes.
14) There are over 2,000 varieties of snakes, ______________are harmless to humans.
15) Smokejumpers are ______________descend into remote areas by parachute to fight forest fires.
16) Charlotte Gilman’s best known book ______________she urges women to become financially independent.