Focus: Choosing correctly between much or many and similar words.
Directions: Underline the word that correctly completes each sentence below. The first one is done as an example.
0 of 10 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1) (______________) industrial products can be made from soybeans.
2) Desert plants compete fiercely for the (____________) water that is available.
3) The American designer Louis Comfort Tiffany took (_____________) of his inspiration from nature.
4) A (______________) simple precautions can prevent accidents at home and on the job.
5) In a formal debate, the same (_____________) of persons speak for each team, and both teams are granted an equal amount of time in which to make their arguments.
6) Bats do (______________) damage to people, livestock, or crops.
7. Even small (numbers/amounts) of zinc can have a significant effect on the growth of plants.
8) The adrenal glands, one on top of each kidney, secrete (_____________) important hormones.
9) (_____________) of the stories in John Weems’ biography of George Washington are difficult to believe.
10) Folk artists have (____________) or no formal art training.