Focus: Identifying errors involving word-form problems. (Note: One or two items in this exercise do not focus on word-form errors. These are marked in the answer key with an asterisk.)
Directions: Decide which of the four underlined words or phrases-(A), (B), (C), or (D)-would not be considered correct, and write the letter of the expression in the blank. Then, in the line at the end of the sentence, write the correction for the underlined phrase. The first one is done as an example.
0 of 26 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 26 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1) Liberal arts colleges cultivate general intellectually abilities rather than technical or professional skills.
17) A dog should be checked regularly by a veterinarian to ensure that it remains in good healthy.
2) Goats are extremely destruction to natural vegetation, and are often responsible for soil erosion
18) Southwestern Boston is made up of Hyde Park, West Roxbury, and other pleasant residential neighbors.
3) Wild plants were of considerable important to early settlers, and many are still used medicinally and as foods
19) Hunting and fishing techniques were highly developed among the North American Indians, particularly in regions where agriculture was less success.
4) One important branch of linguistics is semantics, which analysis the meaning of words
20) Science requires the careful collect and organization of data.
5) Unlike folk dancers, which are the product of a single culture, ballet is an international art form
21) The Natchez Trace was an important commercial and military route between Nashville, Tennessee to Natchez, Mississippi.
6) The Earth’s,out shell is divided into sections called plates, which are constantly in motion.
22) Some games rely mainly on skill and practice while others primarily involve lucky.
7) Black bears can move rapidly when necessary and are skillful tree-climbers for their size and weigh.
23) In the absent of natural enemies, the gypsy moth has become a serious pest in North America.
8) In an arboretum, trees are cultivated for scientific and educational purpose.
24) Huey Long and his brother Earl were the two most powerful politics in the history of Louisiana.
9) In most Western states, the first major industry was mining, which was gradually supplemented by ranches.
25) To make candles, pioneers twisted string into wicks, dipped the wicks into hot fat, then hung the candles to cool and hard.
10) Peach trees grow good in a variety of soil types, but do best in sandy loam.
14) A chemical react that absorbs heat is called endothermic.
11) The unit of measuring called the foot was originally based on the length of the human foot.
12) Philosopher Theodore A. Langerman was interested in the fields of literary and music
13) Pure nitric acid is colorless, but it acquires a yellow color when it is exposed of air.
14) A chemical react that absorbs heat is called endothermic
15) One characteristic of the poems of Emily Dickinson is the sharp of her images.
16) Luther Gulick was a teacher and physician who spent much of his live promoting physical fitness.