Focus: Identifying errors and recognizing correct use of adjectives and adverbs.
Directions: Choose the correct answer!
0 of 20 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 20 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1) In any animal community, herbivores __________ outnumber carnivores.
17) The nuclear-powered cargo ship Savannah proved (___________) impractical.
2) Floods cause billions of dollars worth of property damage _____________.
18 ) SojournerTruth spoke (______________) in opposition to slavery.
3) ______________ airmail service in the United States began in 1918.
19) In 1948 Stan Getz made a (_______________) solo recording of the song “Early Autumn” which deeply influenced younger musicians.
4) Writer Ernest Hemingway was known for his ______________ language and his lively dialogue.
20) The planet Venus was once believed to be two (_____________) objects: the morning star Phosphorous and the evening star Hesperus.
5) The tiny coral snake is ________________ but deadly.
6) Skyscrapers developed _________________ in Chicago and New York City.
7) (___________________), bauxite is found near the surface, so it is relatively (simple/simply) to mine.
8) A good proofreader (_______________) examines a manuscript for errors in spelling and grammar as well as for factual mistakes.
9) The colony of New Hampshire was (_______________) separated from the Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1692.
10) The most numerous and (_____________) distributed of all insectivorous animals are the shrews.
11) The endocrine system functions in (_____________) relationship with the nervous system.
12) A gap in the Coast Range of California provides (______________) access to the San Francisco Bay area.
13) Mushrooms are found in an (____________) range of sizes, colors, and shapes.
14) Some airplanes have an automatic pilot that is connected to the airplane’s controls and (______________) keeps the plane on course.
15) Winslow Homer, who had no (_____________) training in art, became famous for his paintings of the sea.
16) The potter’s wheel was an invention of (_____________) importance