MINI-TEST 6: WRITTEN EXPRESSION
Directions: The sentences below have four underlined words or phrases, (A), (B), (C), and (D). Identify the one underlined expression that must be changed for the sentence to be correct. Then find the number of the question on your answer sheet and fill in the space corresponding to the letter.
Time: 12 minutes
0 of 25 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 25 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1) Bricks can be made from many difference types of clay.
17) The rhesus monkey has been widely used in biological, psychological, and medicine research.
2) Despite most mushrooms are edible, some species cause serious poisoning.
18. During the Depression of the 1930’s, many artists were giving jobs by the Federal Arts Project.
3) Judges in dog shows rate dogs on such points as their colorful, posture, shape, and size.
19) Crocodiles are sometimes confused with alligators, but are different from they in a number of ways.
4) The medicine of prehistoric people probably consisted of a mixture of scientific practices, superstitions, and religious believes.
20) As a concert violinist, conductor, and he composed both serious and popular music, Leonard Bernstein achieved a series of remarkable successes.
5) The game backgammon has been playing for thousands of years.
21) It is a chemical called capsaicin that gives hot peppers their spice flavor.
6) One of the greatest of American automobile designer was Harley Earl.
22) Flying snakes can launch itself from the top of one tree and glide to another.
7) Before the late eighteenth century, most textiles were done at home.
23) A basic knowledge of social studies such as history and geography are considered an important part of the education of every child.
8) Political science. alike the other social sciences, is not an exact science.
24) The black walnut tree is grown principally for its lumber, which is used for cabinets and furnitures.
9) About 8,000 years ago, people began using animals to carry themselves and their belongings.
25) Plymouth was the soonest of the five colonies established by the Pilgrims in Massachusetts.
10) Storks constantly rearrange their nests to keep their eggs safety, dry, and warm.
11) In its purely state, hydrochloric acid is a gas, but it is almost always used as a solution in water.
12) Animals that hibernate usually eat large numbers of food in the autumn.
13) Many folk songs have been written about railroads and railroads workers.
14) Some plants and insects exhibit so high degree of interdependence that the elimination of one results in the elimination of the other.
15) Lightly, sandy soil absorbs water more quickly than clay or loam.
16) Fannie Farmer, an educator and cooking expert, she wrote the first distinctively American cookbook.