Focus: Identifying incorrect and correct forms of participles.Directions: Underline the form that best completes each sentence. The first one is done as an
0 of 15 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 15 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1) The largest (knowing/known) insects are found in tropical rain forests.
2) A bill of lading is a (writing/written) receipt for goods that are sent by public transportation.
3) A hummingbird’s heart beats at the (astonishing/astonished) rate of 615 beats per minute.
4) At the peak of his jump, a pole vaulter performs a series of (twisting/twisted) body motions to clear the bar.
5) Anyone (working/worked) under conditions that cause a heavy loss of perspiration can suffer heat exhaustion.
6) A mosquito (filled/is filled) with blood is carrying twice its own body weight.
7) The state of Wisconsin has seventy-two counties, many (naming/named) after Indian tribes.
8) Sunspots occur in cycles, with the greatest number generally (appearing/are appearing) every eleven years.
9) A delta is a more-or-less triangular area of sediments (depositing/deposited) at the mouth of a river.
l0) William H. Kilpatrick was a philosopher and scholar now generally (regarding/regarded) as the father of progressive education.
11) Checkerboard Mesa in Utah features a strangely (cracked/cracking) expanse of stone.
12) It has been known since the third century that coffee has a (stimulated/stimulating) effect.