Focus: Identifying incorrect and correct forms of gerunds, infinitives, and simple forms.
Directions: Underline the form that best completes each sentence. The first one is done as an
0 of 16 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 16 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1) Sport parachutes are relatively easy (controlling/to control).
2) Sleeve bearings allow pistons (to move/move) back and forth.
3) One of the most important steps in (producing/to produce) a motion picture is film editing.
4) An opera singer is required (having/to have) a powerful and beautiful voice.
5) The Wampanoag Indians taught the Pilgrims how (growing/to grow) corn.
6) Frogs and certain kinds of birds use their tongues (to catch/catch) insects.
7) Isadora Martinez invented a knee implant that lets people with arthritis (to bend/bend) their knees easily.
8. Smells can be more effective than any other sensory stimuli in vividly (bringing/bring) back memories.
9) Modems permit computers (communicating/to communicate) with one another over telephone lines.
10) A sudden sound can make a golfer (to miss/miss) a shot.
11) Heavy spring snows may cause the branches of trees (snap/to snap).
12) Modern race cars store fuel in rubber bladders that are almost impossible (rupturing/to rupture).
13) New words are constantly being invented (describe/to describe) new objects and concepts.
14. Dr. Mary Walker, a surgeon in the Union Army during the Civil War, was the first and so far only woman (to be awarded/awarding) the Congressional Medal of Honor.
15) In 1957 Ralph Abernathy founded an organization devoted to (achieve/achieving) racial equality for black Americans