Focus: Choosing correct verb forms to achieve subject-verb agreement.
Directions: Underline the form that correctly completes each sentence. The first one is done as an example.
0 of 15 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 15 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1) Ethics (_____________) the study of moral duties, principles, and values.
2) The first bridge to be built with electric lights (____________) the Brooklyn Bridge.
3) There (______________) two types of calculus, differential and integral.
4) George Gershwin, together with his brother Ira, (________________) the creator of the first musical comedy to win a Pulitzer Prize.
5) In a chess game, the player with the white pieces always (____________) first.
6 ) The Earth and Pluto (_____________) the only two planets believed to have a single moon.
7) number of special conditions (_____________) necessary for the formation of a geyser.
8) Each of the Ice Ages (______________) more than a million years long.
9) The battery, along with the alternator and starter, (_____________) up the electrical system of a car.
10) Teeth (_______________) covered with a hard substance called enamel.
11) The more-or-less rhythmic succession of economic booms and busts (_______________) referred to as the business cycle.
12) The number of protons in the nucleus of an atom (_____________) from element to element.
13) All trees, except for the tree fern, (______________) seed-bearing plants.
14) Fifteen hundred dollars a year (_______________) the per capita income in the United States in 1950.
15) Everyone who (____________) into the woods should recognize common poisonous plants such as poison ivy and poison oak.