Focus: Choosing correctly between like and alike and like and as.
Directions: Underline the word that correctly completes each sentence below. The first one is done
as an example.
0 of 10 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Selamat! Kamu sudah menyelesaikan exercise ini. Untuk melanjutkan ke materi selanjutnya, kamu harus mampu menyelesaikan exercise ini dengan jawaban benar di atas 60% agar pemahamanmu benar-benar terasah. Jika belum menyentuh 60%, silakan ulangi exercisenya dengan jawaban yang benar. 🙂
1) The government of the United States and that of Canada are (______________) in that both conduct a
complete census every ten years.
2) Fashion design, (_____________) all types of design, has been greatly aided by computers.
3) (_______________) stars, galaxies tend to congregate in clusters.
4) Fungi are the most important decomposers of forest soil, just (_____________) bacteria are the most important decomposers of grassland soiL
5) The spinal column is (____________) the brain in that its main functions can be classified as either sensory or motor functions.
6) A peanut is not actually a nut but a legume (______________) peas and beans.
7) The stately Government House in Annapolis serves (______________) the residence of the Governor of Maryland.
8) The cetosaur was a dinosaur that looked much (______________) the whales of today.
9) Fats are made up of carbon, hydrogen, and carbon atoms just (______________) carbohydrates are.
10) One way pumpkins and watermelons are (______________) is that both grow on vines trailing along the surface of the ground.