Focus: Completing structure problems involving word order. (Note: All the items in this exercise focus on word order problems.)
Directions: Choose the one option(A), (B), (O), or (D)-that correctly completes the sentence, and then mark the appropriate blank. The first one is done as an example.
0 of 10 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1) Hills known as land islands, or salt domes, are ________________ Louisiana’s marshlands.
2) ________________of chamber music is the string quartet.
3) Not until the seventeenth century ________________ to measure the speed of light.
5) The Franklin stove, which became common in the 1790’s, burned wood ________________ an open fireplace.
6) Reinforced concrete is concrete that is strengthened by metal bars ________________
7) The type of clothing people wear tells others a lot about ________________
8) Most Southern states had set up primary school systems by the late eighteenth century, but only in New England ________________ and open to all students.
9) Fungi, ________________,do not produce chlorophyll.
10) Seldom ________________ more than twenty minutes at night.
12) ________________of the early years of space exploration was the discovery of the Van Allen radiation belt in 1958.