Guppies are sometimes call rainbow fish because of the males’ bright colors.The sentence should read, “Guppies are sometimes called rainbow fish because of the males’ bright colors.” Therefore, you should choose (A). Example II
Serving several term in Congress, Shirley Chisholm became an important United States politician.The sentence should read, “Serving several terms in Congress, Shirley Chisholm became an important United States politician.” Therefore, you should choose (B) Now begin work on the questions.
0 of 41 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 41 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Pilih “ya” untuk mengkonversikan Score Toefl Listening dan Dimasukkan ke dalam Sertifikat!
16. Patients they suffer from common arthritis can be treated using heat, physical therapy, and aspirin.
32. Harry Truman’s victory over Thomas Dewey was one of the biggest surprise in the political history of the United States.
1. No spectacle in the universe is ___ than an exploding star.
17. Forests contain more than merely tree; they also include smaller plants, such as mosses, shrubs, and wild flowers.
33. The narwhal resembles like other whales, but it has a long, spiral tusk growing from its head.
2. The Allegheny and Monongahela rivers ___ in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, to form the Ohio River.
18. The game of marbles, which originated in prehistoric times, is still played today in much lands.
34. In exchange for requiring them to disclose the workings of their inventions, patents give inventors temporary, legally monopolies.
3. The horns of a rhinoceros continue ____ throughout its entire lifetime.
19. The modern racing bicycle is carefully engineered for safety, lightness, and reliable.
35. Lillian Gish is best known for her roles in such silently films as The Birth of a Nation and Broken Blossoms.
4. Mathematics helps meteorologists to predict the weather more accurately, to calculate the speed of storms, and _____
20. On 1954 the United States Supreme Court ruled on the case of Brown v. Board of Education, declaring segregated education unconstitutional.
36. Oraibi, Arizona, built by the Hopi Indians during 1100’s, is probably the oldest continuous inhabited settlement in the United States.
5. __________ position of the planet Earth in relation to the Sun is always changing a little bit.
21. Because glass objects are fragile, least have survived from ancient civilizations.
37. It may take several hundred years to build inch of topsoil.
6. Systems of phonetic writing are ____ at transcribing accurately any sequence of speech sounds.
22. An important effect that criticism can have on contemporary poets is the assurance that there is a growing interest their work.
38. Known for power, speed, and maneuverability, the goshawk has short wings and a long tail, enabling them to dodge branches in pursuit of prey.
7. In photosynthesis, ___ through which green plants manufacture food, energy from direct sunlight is trapped by a substance called chlorophyll.
23. Music festivals, which date back as far as the mid-seventeenth century, have increased significantly in popular within the past few decades.
39. Lubrication is essential in machinery because if the moving part of a machine come into direct contact with each other, friction interferes with motion.
8. _________ and hard, ivory may be carved with great delicacy into intricate patterns.
24. Human skin is a complex, sensitive organ that serves many functions necessary for the maintain of life.
40. One basic principle of international air law recognize a country’s complete sovereignty over the airspace above its territory.
9. A solar eclipse occurs when the Moon is between the Sun and the Earth, ______ shadow of the Moon moves across the face of the Earth.
25. Space photography and advanced measurement technology, including a laser reflector placed on the Moon, have possible made extremely precise measurements of the surfaces of the Earth.
10. The spectacularly beautiful and sultry voice of Lena Horne made her ______
26. The scale of the demographic change that are now occurring and that are projected for the near future is unprecedented in human history.
11. The existence of very long channels ____ into the deep- sea floor of the Atlantic and Pacific oceans has been well documented.
27. The paintings of artist Abraham Rattner are noted for their brilliant color, rich texture, and symbolic.
12. Lillian Wald’s ____ lies in the field of public health nursing.
28. Between the high and low tidemarks of marine coasts existing abundant and varied plant and animal life.
13. Fine rubies ______ of flaws are extremely rare and command high prices.
29. The total amount of water in the world’s ecological system has remained the same than throughout the ages.
14. In some parts of the world, not only ____ a form of entertainment, but it is also a means of communication.
30. Butterflies and moths comprise the Lepidoptera order of insects find
throughout most of the world.
15. Invented in the 1780’s, threshing machines enabled farmers to process grain ______ they could by hand.
31. The planet Neptune has two known satellites: one about the size with Earth’s Moon, the other much smaller.