0 of 50 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
1. What does the passage mainly discuss?
2. The word “solve” in line 7 is closest in meaning to
3. Planting in the floodplains was not ideal because
4. The word “enclosing” in line 12 is closest in meaning to
5. The word “they” in line 16 refers to
6. Why did farmers in the Southwest plant crops in several places at the same time?
7. The word “patch” in line 19 is closest in meaning to
8. Why did farmers in the eastern woodlands periodically abandon their fields?
9. What did farmers in the Southwest do when a crop failed?
10. Farmers in the Southwest would have benefited most from which of the following?
11. What is the passage mainly about?
12. Which of the following can be inferred about Moore’s poems?
13. According to the passage, Moore wrote about all of the following EXCEPT
14. What does Moore refer to as “flies in amber” (line 9) ?
15. The author mentions all of the following as jobs held by Moore EXCEPT
16. The word “period” in line 13 is closest in meaning to
17. Where did Moore spend most of her adult life?
18. The word “succeeding” in line 19 is closest in meaning to
19. The word “it” in line 21 refers to
20. It can be inferred from the passage that Moore wrote because she
21. Theword“suggests”inline7isclosest in meaning to
23. Which of the following does the author mention as the cause of the eel’s inefficient swimming style?
24. Theword“employed”inline12is closest in meaning to
25. It can be inferred from the passage that blennies (line 13) are
26. Theword“minimizes”inline25is closest in meaning to
27. What does the author mention about fish that are “jack-form” swimmers?
28. Theword“objective”inline30is closest in meaning to
29. Which of the following fish would most likely emit a poisonous substance?
30. Which of the following statements does the passage support?
31. What does the passage mainly discuss? 36.
32. It can be inferred from the passage that children normally learn simple counting
33. The word “illuminated” in line 11 is closest in meaning to
34. The author implies that most small children believe that the quantity of water changes when it is transferred to a container of a different
35. According to the passage, when small children were asked to count a pile of red and blue pencils they
36. The word “They” in line 17 refers to
37. Theword“prerequisite”inline19is closest in meaning to
38. The word “itself” in line 20 refers to
39. With which of the following statements would the author be LEAST likely to agree?
40. Where in the passage does the author give an example of a hypothetical experiment?
41. Which of the following assumptions about early humans is expressed in the passage?
42. The word “peculiar” in line 1 is closest in meaning to
43. What does the comment “This is logical” in lines 5–6 mean?
44. The phrase “properties of each” in line 10 refers to each
45. According to the passage, why has general knowledge of botany declined?
46. In line 15, what is the author’s purpose in mentioning “a rose, an apple, or an orchid”?
47. According to the passage, what was the first great step toward the practice of agriculture?
48. The closest in meaning to word “controlled” in line 19 is
49. Which of the following can be inferred from the passage about the transition to agriculture?
50. Where in the passage does the author describe the benefits people derive from plants?