0 of 49 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
1. The Anasazi people were considered “agriculturally advanced” because of the way they
2. The word “pits” in line 7 is closest in meaning to
3. The word “stories” in line 12 is closest in meaning to
4. Who would have been most likely to control the sacred objects of an Anasazi family?
5. The word “they” in line 16 refers to
6. The word “disputes” in line 20 is closest in meaning to
7. Which of the following activities was NOT done by Anasazi men?
8. According to the passage, what made it almost impossible for other groups to conquer the Anasazi ?
9. The passage supports which of the following generalizations?
10. What is the main topic of the passage?
11. The word “unrestricted” in line 4 is closest in meaning to
12. The word “snap” in line 9 could best be replaced by which of the following?
13. What is the benefit of using two-stranded barbed wire?
14. According to the author, the steel wires used to make barbed wire are specially processed to
15. The word “fed” in line 20 is closest in meaning to
16. The knives referred to in line 21 are used to
17. What is the author’s purpose in the third paragraph?
18. According to the passage, concertina wire is used for
20. What does the passage mainly discuss?
21. The words “exposed to” in line 6 are closest in meaning to
22. The word “exert” in line 15 is closest in meaning to
23. The word “diffuses” in line 19 is closest in meaning to
24. What happens to nitrogen in body tissues if a diver ascends too quickly?
25. The word “they” in line 21 refers to
26. The word ” rupture ” in line 26 is closest in meaning to
27. It can be inferred from the passage that which of the following presents the greatest danger to a diver?
28. What should a diver do when ascending?
29. What does the passage mainly discuss?
30. According to the passage, the invention of the visible-light microscope allowed scientists to
31. The word “minuscule” in line 5 is closest in meaning to
32. The word “it” in line 7 refers to
33. Why does the author mention the visible-light microscope in the first paragraph?
34. Why did it take so long to develop the X-ray microscope?
35. The word “enables” in line 22 is closest in meaning to
36. The word “Rather” in line 28 is closest in meaning to
37. The word “those” in line 29 refers to
38. Based on the information in the passage, what can be inferred about X-ray microscopes in the future?
39. What does the passage mainly discuss?
40.The word “realization” in line 6 is closest in meaning to
41. Why does the author mention Don Quixote, Brave New World, and A Modest Proposal in lines 6-8?
42. The word “aesthetically” in line 13 is closest in meaning to
43. Which of the following can be found in satiric literature?
44. According to the passage, there is a need for satire because people need to be
45. The word “refreshing” in line 19 is closest ill meaning to
46. The word “they” in line 22 refers to
47. The word “devote” in line 25 is closest in meaning to
48. As a result of reading satiric literature, readers will be most likely to
49. The various purposes of satire include all of the following EXCEPT
50. Why does the author mention “service of humanity” in line 25?