0 of 25 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
|Table is loading|
|No data available|
1) The cloud type associated with the thunderstorms _____ the cumulonimbus.
2) Half of the food that we are serving to the guests ______ still in the refrigerator.
3) Each package that is not properly wrapped _____ to be returned to the sender.
4) A number of students withdrawing from class this quarter _____ appalling.
5) They _______ next to the window on the second floor, so they get to see the scenery of the whole town.
6) ___________bacteria in foods are killed, as they are during baking or stewing, decay is slowed down.
7) Because the wood of the dogwood tree is very hard, ________ is used for objects, such as roller skate wheels, in which hardness is desired.
8) Most folk songs are ballads _________ have simple words and tell simple stories.
9) The black-billed cuckoo has been known to steal eggs ________ to other birds.
10) The early years of the United States government were characterized by a debate concerning ____ or individual states should have more power.
11) Tornados, powerful, destructive wind storms, occur most often in the spring when hot winds _________over flat land encounter heavy cold air.
12) Working like a telescope, _______ the size of objects at great distances.
13) Jackie Joyner-Kersee, _________ the world record in the heptathlon in the 1988 Olympics, also won the long jump in the year.
14) The early feminist leader Susan B. Anthony became increasingly aware through her work in the temperance movement _________ the same rights as men.
15) Fossil records indicate __________ existing in the past have become extinct.
16) ____________, the seeds of the Kentucky coffee plant are poisonous.
17) Despite its wide range of styles and instrumentation, country music has certain common features __________ its own special character.
18) __________ at home requires only three types of chemicals, several pieces of simple equipment, and running water.
19) ___________ for a career in dance generally begins at an early age.
20) Modern race cars store fuel in rubber bladders that are almost impossible _________.
21) The social system of bumblebees is not as complex ________ bumblebees.
22) The world’s deepest cave, Pierre St. Martin in the Pyrenees Mountains, is almost three times as deep _____.
23) Not until the seventeenth century ______ to measure the speed of light.
24) Seldom _______ more than twenty minutes a night
25) Gorillas are quiet animals, _________ they are capable of making about 20 different sounds.