Focus: Completing structure problems involving incomplete noun clauses. (Note: Two or three items in this exercise do not focus on noun clauses. These items are marked in the answer key with asterisks.)
Directions: Choose the one option-CA), (B), (C), or (D)-that correctly completes the sentences, and then mark the appropriate blank. The first one is done as an example.
0 of 12 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 12 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1)_______________ begin their existence as ice crystals over most of the earth seems likely.
2) Scientists cannot agree on _______________ related to other orders of insects.
3) It was in 1875 _______________ joined the staff of the astronomical observatory at Harvard University.
4) _______________is a narrow strip of woods along a stream in an open grassland.
5) _______________developed very rapidly in Alabama primarily because of its rich natural resources.
6) _______________ so incredible is that these insects successfully migrate to places that they have never even seen.
7) Art critics do not all agree on what _______________a painting great.
8) In order to grow vegetables properly, gardeners must know _______________
9) When _______________ is not known.
10) For many years people have wondered _______________ exists elsewhere in the universe.
11) _______________of all modern domestic poultry is the red jungle fowl is widely believed.
12) _______________ the right side of a person’s brain is dominant, that person is left-handed.