Focus: Identifying and correcting errors involving verb forms.
(Note: One or two items in this exercise do not focus on word-form errors. These are marked in the answer key with an asterisk.)
Directions: Decide which of the four underlined words or phrases-(A), (B), (C), or (D)-would not be considered correct, and write the letter of the expression in the blank. Then, in the line at the end of the sentence, write a correction for the underlined phrase. The first one is done as an example.
0 of 10 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Selamat! Kamu sudah menyelesaikan exercise ini. Untuk melanjutkan ke materi selanjutnya, kamu harus mampu menyelesaikan exercise ini dengan jawaban benar di atas 50% agar pemahamanmu benar-benar terasah. Jika belum menyentuh 50%, silakan ulangi exercisenya dengan jawaban yang benar. 🙂
1) Medical students must to study both the theory and practice of medicine.
2) The seal, like the sea lion and the walrus, is a descendant of ancestors that once live on the land.
3. The top layer of the ocean stores as much heat as does gases in the atmosphere.
4) Every one of the body’s billions of cells require a constant supply of food and oxygen.
5) In science, the results of an experiment are not generally accepted until they had been duplicated in other laboratories.
6) In colonial times, flax and wool required months of preparation before they could be dyed and spin into cloth.
7) Although some people find bats terrifying, they are actually beneficial because they ate harmful insects.
8) Each of the four types of human tooth are suited for a specific purpose.
9) Mathematicians taken centuries to develop the methods that now are used in arithmetic.
10) Electric milking machines have made dairy farming a much easier job than it once did.