Identifying and correcting a variety of errors involving verbals. (Note: One or two items in
this exercise do not focus on errors involving verbals. These are marked in the answer key with an
Decide which of the four underlined words or phrases-(A), (B), (C), or (D)-would
not be considered correct, and write the letter of that expression in the blank. Then, in the line at
the end of the sentence, write a correction for the underlined phrase. The first one is done as an
0 of 15 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 15 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1) The most widely used material for package consumer goods is cardboard.
2. One of the latest methods of quarrying stone is to cutting the stone with a jet torch.
3) In 1944 biologist Charles Michener devised a system for to classify the approximately 20,000 species of bees.
4) Most candles are made of paraffin wax mix with compounds that have higher melting points to keep them from melting in hot weather.
5) Machines used to harvest tree crops such as cherries or almonds can be classified either as shakers and as pick-up machines.
6) Fishing cats, found in Southeast Asia, are distinguished by their webbed feet, which enable them catching fish.
7) Geothermal energy is energy to obtain by using heat from the Earth’s interior.
8) Bathe in mineral water has long been believed to have beneficial effects.
9) It is the facets cut into a diamond that make it to sparkle.
10. Ralph Blakelock specialized in paint wild, lonely nighttime landscapes, usually with black trees silhouetted against the moon.
11) The Farallon Islands are a group of uninhabited islands lying about 40 mile west of San Francisco.
12. The crushing leaves of yarrow plants can serve as a traditional medicine for cleansing wounds.
13) Robert A. Moog developed an electronic device that could be used for play synthesized music.
14) Hypnosis is sometimes employed as a means of helping people to quit to smoke.
15) Throughout his long career, Pete Seeger has been a lead figure in reviving folk music.