Focus: Choosing correctly between other commonly confused words.
Directions: Underline the word that correctly completes each sentence below. The first one is done as an example.
0 of 20 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 20 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1) At eight weeks of (____________), red foxes begin to get their adult markings.
2) The Missouri River is about (______________) as long as the Colorado River.
3) Catherine Esther Beacher established schools in Connecticut and Ohio, and (____________) founded the American Women’s Educational Association.
4) (____________) antibiotics are antibacterial agents, but some are effective against fungal, protozoal, or yeast infections.
5) In 1941, nylon was first used to make stockings, and the year (____________), it was first used to make toothbrush bristles.
6) Chuck Berry was one of the (____________) and most influential performers of rock music.
7) Long before Columbus, various thinkers believed that the Earth was (____________).
8) Apricots, which are (____________) smaller than peaches, are known for their delicate taste.
9) Huge radio telescopes aimed into space may someday (_____________) us whether intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe.
10) One of Canada’s most beautiful botanical gardens is Butchart Gardens (___________) Victoria, British Columbia.
11) Since 1945, the average size of American farms has more than (____________).
12) When the Hopi Indians perform the Snake Dance, the dancers handle (___________) rattlesnakes.
13) Around eighty-five (___________) of the bauxite produced in the United States is mined in Arkansas.
14) Artist Clementine Hunter continued to paint until she was over 100 years (_____________).
15) The period immediately (____________) the Civil War is known as Reconstruction.
16) (___________) plant has a nervous system, and most respond very slowly to stimuli in their environment.
17) (_____________) every county in the United States has agricultural extension agents who provide help to farmers.
18) Murals (______________) narrative stories through visual images.
19) Forests cover (_____________) half the land area of Tennessee.
20) Giraffes hardly (___________) sleep more than twenty minutes a night.