Focus: Choosing correctly between do and make.
Directions: Underline the word that correctly completes each sentence below. The first one is done
as an example.
0 of 10 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1) The tips of high-speed dental drills are (_____________) oftungsten steel and often contain
2) A cottage industry is a form of manufacturing (____________) at home.
3) Margaret Mead (____________) fundamental contributions to both the theory and field work of anthropology.
4) Many universities receive grants to (__________) research for the federal government.
5) Research in genetics in the early nineteenth century (___________) much to improve agriculture.
6) Futurologists study current trends to (______________) predictions about the future.
7) Filmmaker George Lucas has (____________) many advances in the production of motion pictures, especially in the use of special effects.
8) The distinction between wildflowers and weeds is one that is often difficult to (____________).
9) The helicopter can (_____________) jobs that no other aircraft can.
10) Yeast is added to dough to (_____________) bread light and porous.